Monday, February 14, 2011

Frank Sinatra

Happy Valentine's Day!

So...to all those that don't have Valentine's this year- let me say this; I always thought it was a bullshit non-holiday.

I thought it was a Hallmark holiday.

I hated it. With a passion. I particularly hated when women in my office got flowers from significant others. I mean, really? Thought it was so dumb.

Well, not anymore. Look, I know I'm lucky. DF makes me feel special and beautiful everyday. He doesn't need a "lame Hallmark holiday" to make me feel loved. He does it anyways.

But, let's be honest. I have a vagina, therefore, I wanted to do something for Valentine's Day. I actually asked for a labelmaker. How romantic.

Anyways, DF went to work early, kissed me goodbye. It seemed like an uneventful February 14th.

We BlackBerry messengered throughout the day. Normal stuff. I knew DF was going to make supper.

Work was stressful but not terrible.

So...I pull in my garage (yes, I have a garage now!) and I walk into the kitchen.

This is what I hear: Frank Sinatra. And my DF. Who promptly walks over to me and kisses me and dances with me in the middle of the kitchen.

Then I see that he's set the table, and there is a single red long stem rose and a heart shaped box of chocolates and a new pink candle.

Proof:


Sigh. DF rocks.

Best Valentine's Day EVER. 

So, to all the single ladies, keep the faith. Because halfway though dinner, I asked DF if this (us, our relationship, love) if THIS is what people were talking about.

He smiled and said it was. I never doubt him. 


Don't forget to vote! And Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment