Friday, December 17, 2010

Blue Blues

If you know me personally or if you've been reading some previous posts then you know my aversion to the color blue.

Blue is particularly offensive to me at Christmas time.

Well, DF loves blue. He also loves blue at Christmas. And the compromising begins.

He's got blue snowmen, blue angels, blue Christmas ornaments. It's a smorgasbord of blue.

So when DF told me his mom would be giving us some of her decorations, I was apprehensive. What if I hated them? Wouldn't that put me on the Naughty List?

Well, my amazing future mother in law gave us some of her hand painted ceramics. When DF told me they were blue I scrunched my face up in disgust. How on earth could I possibly love blue Christmas decorations??

Gulp. Well, I love them. Take a peek.

Blue and Beautiful.

Every picture I snapped doesn't do them justice. They are cute, sparkly, vintage-inspired and amazing. Not they sit on the top of our dresser and I see them when I wake up in the morning. Take a close up peek of Mrs. HoHo's hair. Glitter. A girl after my own heart.

I like glitter, it is pretty.

FMIL also gave DF a ton more stuff. She is truly such an inspiration as far as moms go. I'm so lucky DF and I have inherited some of her decorations. I have yet to find something I don't like. They all bring more love into the house.

Man, I was really hoping to hate all the blue stuff. Looks like DF is right again. Grumble Grumble Grumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment