Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vanity Fair, Take Two

I am going to be totally honest here. I am so glad we decided to do this the "right" way. I'm happy DF didn't just let me paint it and make it worse. It looks AMAZING.

It was a super rainy day here in Florida, so we were in an out of the garage working this afternoon.

So. We meet again.

We sanded and sanded until our fingers were about to fall off. 

Getting there.

Beware of flying debris.

Once totally smooth, we were ready to paint. I'll admit I was so excited to paint. Who doesn't love wielding the power of spray paint? 

DF is so smart. He put the vanity on a dolly so we could wheel it around. 

Get ready to be sprayed.

So serious. 

Coat One.

And a half hour later, coat two.

So of course, DF notices these tiny little holes that the spackle missed. He decides to really do this properly he needs to reapply. 

Wax on.

Wax off.

Ready for the color?! Momma bear simply requested sage green. We found spray paint called "Oregano" which seemed to do the trick.

The Start.

God I'm so glad we sanded.

One more coat! 

DF said if I painted the whole drawer it would stick. Darnit.

The vanity was still wet, so DF said we needed to let it dry. In the mean time, he took me to see Black Swan with Natalie Portman and out for Mexican food. Yum.

We just came home to a dry vanity! We showed Mamma bear, and she was thrilled. She was all nostalgic for how long this table has been around. We are going to get a piece of glass cut for the top of it this weekend. 

Sorry for the crummy pic, but it's night-time here. I'll get a better one tomorrow. 

TA-DA! The Big Reveal! 

Looks brand new again! 

Close up! 

Ok folks, I'm one exhausted girl. Off to bed. No more sanding....not for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment