Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Fall

So, last night DF was exhausted. The number one thing I was concerned about was....Hoarders.

Yes, Hoarders. The season finale. It was the guy who hoarded, wait for it, RATS.

And let me just say this about Hoarders: as I watch the show I look around my house to see what stuff I can get rid of. Don't you?

My main goal last night was to keep DF awake until the show came on at 10PM. I got home from work about 7PM. I was still a tornado of energy from my busy day. DF, who worked 5:30AM-2:30PM was not a tornado. He wasn't even a light rain. He was dead tired.

So, I told him to take a little nap, and I decided to do a Maxx run with momma bear.

Scored three new tops at the Maxx. Man, that place it the bomb. I'm wearing a new sweater right now.

Anyways, back to the story. I got home, and DF threw in the white towel. Or up the white flag. Or...nevermind, what ever that expression is, he did something white. (Well, that sounds awful.) Let's just say it this way, he surrendered to his tired.

I tucked DF into bed, ok.hunnie.I.love.you.gotta.go.hoarders.is.on style, and run into the great room like a crazy person. It is now 10:01PM and I've missed the first minute of Hoarders. Shit.

So while my eyes are glued to the television, I tried to aim my rump into a very low green armchair. I lower my self slowly and....

The next thing I know, I'm on the ground. Feet over head. The freaking chair flipped over.

Hilarious, I know. Well, it would have been if I hadn't crashed into the bookcase and slider, which promptly wedged me ass-up in the living room.

Everyone started laughing but I knew I had seriously hurt myself. My papa had to wrestle me right side, at which point the throbbing and pain really kicked in. So I did what comes naturally, I ran into the bathroom to cry and be in misery alone.

Well, DF heard my tears, and he came and got me off the floor, got me some ice packs and took excellent care of me. I don't know if you guys are like me, but when my man is taking care of me, I always feel bad and profusely apologize. Must work on that.

Anyways. I've completely thrown out my shoulder. My left had is still very swollen and DF thinks I have a tiny fracture. But I can type, so I think I'll make it.

And I've only been at my job 4 weeks, so Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go.

End of story: I didn't get to see Rat guy Hoarders. But I do have a DF who forgoes sleep to take care of me.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment