Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ice Box Cookies

So, my papa's mom, Memere, oh she of the Lemon Pie, also guarded one recipe very closely.

Ice Box Cookies. I believe she called them Secret Ice Box Cookies.

Part cookie, part fudge, and all awesome.

I have a co-workers birthday tomorrow and I finally get to make something for my office.

Here is the thing. They are the easiest thing in the world to make. I swear.

So you need about 16oz of graham cracker crumbs. But they only come in boxes of 13.5 ounces, so you have to buy two. Bastards.


 To start, I just pour them in the KitchenAid and leave them there until I make the chocolate sauce.


Next you need one cup of sugar


And two eggs


Plus four tablespoons of cocoa


And two sticks of butter:


Blend all those ingredients together over medium heat until the butter is melted and it starts to boil.



You have to stir and stir and stir so the eggs don't cook.

And don't leave it alone or it will burn. Just stir the sucker and it will melt.


When you're boiled, dump it into your mixer and turn it on low. It will turn into a doughy like mass.


Now once it's cool to the touch, dump it in a casserole dish, or anything you want to shape it out.


And push it down 


Which will make your hands buttery. Resist licking them.


Then put it in the fridge overnight to harden up.


Plus, TBF is about to eat those two random parts.

In the morning, frost the whole thing with chocolate frosting and dust with walnuts. Cut into bite sized bits.


And give your dad the ugly ones :)







Please remember to vote! I loves it! 

2 comments:

  1. You should be on food network and have your own show! I love the step by step instructions. You rock cookie lady!

    ReplyDelete